Thank you to Nigel and the PASA team for inviting me to speak at the conference in Melbourne this week. To be able to present the findings of my research into sustainable procurement within the Aged Care sector was great.
And thank you to those who spoke to me after to tell my how much you enjoyed my talk and to ask some questions. It’s great to have such immediate feedback and confirmation that the research results reflected many of your views – so thank you.
I have attached a copy of my presentation and please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or if you would like to talk to me about how I can assist you and your organisation develop and implement a more sustainability focused procurement process.
The presentation covers the main findings including:
- What is sustainable procurement?
- Current sustainability projects
- Barriers to implementing sustainable procurement process
- Problems unique to Aged Care
- Best Practice
- The future for sustainable procurement in Aged Care in Australia